Podcast 096: Vitamin E
Wendy and Dr. Meaghan discuss the different side of vitamin E and why it is among the most heralded and promoted supplement on the market… but also has a bad rep. Vitamin E is a major anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory. We talk about how you don’t want the wrong form, in the wrong combination, or synthetic form.
Vitamin E is the umbrella term given to the collective group of fat-soluble compounds with distinctive antioxidant activities. Naturally occurring exists in 8 forms (2 main categories
Alpha-tocopherol is the main human form of vitamin E but not necessarily the only one that we should focus on and metabolized by the liver. Research shows that it must be relative to the amount of gamma tocopherol.
What you will learn in this episode
• The positive effects of Vitamin E
• How it is a strong cellular anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant that works on the cell membrane
• What the research has taught us about Vitamin E
• What we have learned about Vitamin E from rats
• The difference between tocopherols and tocotrienols
• What foods have vitamin E in them