Podcast 097: Frankincense
Wendy and Dr. Meaghan discuss the healing properties and history of Frankincense. Frankincense has been used for over 5,000 years in different cultures. It comes from the resin of the Boswellia plant. It has many different properties including anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and immune boosting. It is used for both its fragrant smell and powerful ability to support the body.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
• What is frankincense
• The history of frankincense
• What societies have used frankincense and how
• Why embalmers back in the day were so healthy. The Black Plague was no threat to these guys!
• How to use frankincense
• How to safely utilize essential oils
References on the show
• Dr. Axe’s frankincense and myrrh lotion