Dr. Meaghan and Dr. Ron Kirschling dive into the book The Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain- For Life by Dr. David Perlmutter. This book really dives into the effects that the gut microbe has on brain health. And even how the gut microbiome is linked to different diseases such as autism, obesity, and general health.
We have attacked our microbiome due to environmental factors, such as:
- Food sources
- Antibiotic use
- Lack of breastfeeding
- C section births
- Antimicrobial products
Due to these, and other reasons, we are seeing a rise in conditions that can be linked back to the gut and the microbiota being off.
IN THIS PODCAST, WE WILL DISCUSS
- The role of the microbiota with epigenetics and the expression of disease.
- How microbiome helps to manage inflammation
- We transport our microbiome from one generation to the next
- The gut and the brain are bidirectional. The brain affects the GI tract and the GI tract affects the brain. And leaky gut causes leaky brain.
- Why berberine is a super supplement and how it improves the gut balance and overall health because of its effects on the gut
- How gut bacteria can affect sleep, mood, immune system, autism, obesity and depression