Podcast 27: Estrogen dominance and estrogen cleanse
Estrogen dominance can occur because of a high estrogen level or low progesterone level in comparison to each other. Here are the signs and symptoms of estrogen dominance:
It is important when you look at hormone health that you make sure the following are under control:
· Gut health and GI health
· Weight maintenance. Increased fat leads to the aromatization of testosterone to estrogen, increased hormone chaos from stored hormones and increased insulin pushes more testosterone. This is why increased weight leads to men being more feminine and women being more masculine. Not fair, but true
· Diet. Make sure that your diet is not leading to more hormonal problems. Phytoestrogens and concentrated GMO based soy foods cause a problem.
· Drinking because of its effects on the liver. The liver is responsible for breaking down hormones and a toxic liver causes hormonal problems.
· Stress. Increased cortisol pushes the progesterone into cortisol. This leads to what we call a cortisol steal where instead of balancing progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone, we push into cortisol. Manage your stress, manage your hormones.
· Limit xenoestrogens (foreign estrogens) in your life. Reduce the use of plastics, BPA, synthetic hormones, and estrogens in your diet.
If you want more information on hormones, check out our hormonal health course on www.btbha.com. It goes much more in depth about hormone health.
Remember to be kind to others, take care of yourself and make good choices